Sawyer Howitt has the business world eating out of his hands at the age of 17. Born into a family of entrepreneurs, is it any wonder that Sawyer is a self driven “jack of all trades” in the business world. He has experienced many aspects of a business from filing, taking notes, making presentations, analyzing complex spreadsheets, to being an adviser to new entrepreneurs.
Sawyer Howitt will be heading to Columbia University to major in Entrepreneurial Finance. He’s definitely not a stranger to the world of business.
Sawyer’s Dad, David Howitt has authored the book “Heed Your Call, he says life is not an either/or prospect — you can have it all”. Well Sawyer has certainly lived by those words.
Sawyer Howitt is the go to person if you are starting a business. This young man has the nuts and bolts of a business figured out.
He has 5 fundamentals for upcoming entrepreneurs
(1) Just Start – jump in, don’t put off waiting for everything to be just right. Now is the time to begin.
(2) Employees – Hire people to fit the business climate/culture. Keep your employees happy – reward them.
(3) Maintain Focus – in other words keep your eye on the prize; don’t become distracted.
(4) Numbers – start up costs, inventory, payroll, performance indicators – don’t ignore the numbers
(5) People Skills and/or a Sociable Partner – being an entrepreneurs means lots of talking. It means juggling many different balls. It’s stressful and it helps to have a knowledgeable and talkative partner. Becoming an entrepreneurs is a lot of discovery, devotion, dedication, determination, decisions, and diligence.
Find more about Sawyer Howitt: http://www.r2sports.com/website/media-report.asp?TID=13700&UID=230192&resultsOption=byPlayer&reportType=results